Sunday 3rd Feb
Well what has happened since the last post,
all the usual school/ work chores....
last weekend, we offloaded the kids for a few hours and cleaned and
rearranged the house a bit, when I say cleaned, I mean we got a carpet cleaner
and scrubbed the carpets, and started throwing away broken and unused toys etc.
then on sunday, whilst I was helping to build a fireplace, I got a last minute call to go
for a bike ride.... after racing around and realising the bike rack for the car was at the
Wylies, we put the bike rack on the bongo and raced up to Draycote water.... Liz and Nick were 10 minutes late.... and we were a further 15 minutes late... (note to self.... need more planning!)
we abandoned the car in overflow parking and gave ourselves 2 hours to ride around the lake, we then fixed our bikes and then I raced around the second half of the lake to rescue the car from the soon to be locked overflow parking... (we did get to park near a couple of other bongo'e though!)... back to Liz and Nick's for crumpets and tiffin... then home to prepare for another week.
Wednesday, I went to High Wycombe with Lucy to the NHS diagnostic unit, a great idea.... no emergencies, so on time appointments with no hassle, 10 minutes of appointment... stress free........ (except for the 1 and 1/4 hour drive to High Wycombe!)
then as Lucy's training friends were descending.... I collected Thomas, picked Ella up from school, dropped Thomas with Marg and Ray... and disappeared into the great unknown with Ella.... (well Bletchingdon anyway) and spent the night camping in the bongo, we awoke to quite a good frost.... enough to make us run to the shower block, then a visit to the little chef (little thief!?) and home to the farm.... we went to the park with Thomas and Ella then home and played in the roof tent in the afternoon for a bit.... (too cold to open whilst camping)..... and thats about it apart from a taxi run from Buckingham to MK theatre district, with 6 slightly tipsy ladies on board....
today, I've been allowed home after going for a windy walk... been out to lunch and relaxed
Lucy's weekend
After an interupted sleep (had to ring the Dr at 11.40 about Thomas' antibiotics!) I then ran around like a mad thing getting the house in some sort of order ready for the girls. Wendy was first to arrive shortly followed by the other 4. Several glasses of wine and lots of chatting we eventually retired to our beds/sleeping mats/sofa cushions, the airbed had a huge tear in it....sorry Amelia and Sarah! Luckily they had enough wine to numb any pain! Saturday we slobbed around in PJ's until we finally dragged ourselves out to go shopping. It was so nice, no buggies, no 'I need a wee/drink/nappy changing'. Came home and relaxed for a short while.
Then showers, baths, make up and hair and the odd "Does this look okay?" oh and a little wine, we were ready for our taxi...John in Bongo. Had a great meal then on to Oceana for a boogy. Had a fantastic night, Ruth as always was the man magnet attracting unwanted attention from several different boys/men. Realised that we are turning into our mothers hearing ourselves saying "Call that a skirt, more like a belt", and other such things, AGGHH! Oh and getting home and having a cup of tea (except for Amelia who had another glass of wine). Woke up feeling surprisingly well. After 3 departing John was allowed home with children and dog! They then came with Ruth, Sarah and myself for a spot of lunch.
Now it's back to normality, homework, washing and ironing! Lovely.
all the usual school/ work chores....
last weekend, we offloaded the kids for a few hours and cleaned and
rearranged the house a bit, when I say cleaned, I mean we got a carpet cleaner
and scrubbed the carpets, and started throwing away broken and unused toys etc.
then on sunday, whilst I was helping to build a fireplace, I got a last minute call to go
for a bike ride.... after racing around and realising the bike rack for the car was at the
Wylies, we put the bike rack on the bongo and raced up to Draycote water.... Liz and Nick were 10 minutes late.... and we were a further 15 minutes late... (note to self.... need more planning!)
we abandoned the car in overflow parking and gave ourselves 2 hours to ride around the lake, we then fixed our bikes and then I raced around the second half of the lake to rescue the car from the soon to be locked overflow parking... (we did get to park near a couple of other bongo'e though!)... back to Liz and Nick's for crumpets and tiffin... then home to prepare for another week.
Wednesday, I went to High Wycombe with Lucy to the NHS diagnostic unit, a great idea.... no emergencies, so on time appointments with no hassle, 10 minutes of appointment... stress free........ (except for the 1 and 1/4 hour drive to High Wycombe!)
then as Lucy's training friends were descending.... I collected Thomas, picked Ella up from school, dropped Thomas with Marg and Ray... and disappeared into the great unknown with Ella.... (well Bletchingdon anyway) and spent the night camping in the bongo, we awoke to quite a good frost.... enough to make us run to the shower block, then a visit to the little chef (little thief!?) and home to the farm.... we went to the park with Thomas and Ella then home and played in the roof tent in the afternoon for a bit.... (too cold to open whilst camping)..... and thats about it apart from a taxi run from Buckingham to MK theatre district, with 6 slightly tipsy ladies on board....
today, I've been allowed home after going for a windy walk... been out to lunch and relaxed
Lucy's weekend
After an interupted sleep (had to ring the Dr at 11.40 about Thomas' antibiotics!) I then ran around like a mad thing getting the house in some sort of order ready for the girls. Wendy was first to arrive shortly followed by the other 4. Several glasses of wine and lots of chatting we eventually retired to our beds/sleeping mats/sofa cushions, the airbed had a huge tear in it....sorry Amelia and Sarah! Luckily they had enough wine to numb any pain! Saturday we slobbed around in PJ's until we finally dragged ourselves out to go shopping. It was so nice, no buggies, no 'I need a wee/drink/nappy changing'. Came home and relaxed for a short while.
Then showers, baths, make up and hair and the odd "Does this look okay?" oh and a little wine, we were ready for our taxi...John in Bongo. Had a great meal then on to Oceana for a boogy. Had a fantastic night, Ruth as always was the man magnet attracting unwanted attention from several different boys/men. Realised that we are turning into our mothers hearing ourselves saying "Call that a skirt, more like a belt", and other such things, AGGHH! Oh and getting home and having a cup of tea (except for Amelia who had another glass of wine). Woke up feeling surprisingly well. After 3 departing John was allowed home with children and dog! They then came with Ruth, Sarah and myself for a spot of lunch.
Now it's back to normality, homework, washing and ironing! Lovely.

1 Comments:
Could you not have bought a second camera so that we could have had photos of the MK clubbers too? Shoddy... really.
By
Nick & Liz;, at 9:58 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home